12-08-2022, 07:14 PM   #11
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rk-d View Post
I can appreciate the logic. As it is, I’m not pushing the car. I’ve just started getting comfortable with figuring out the limits of the car and trusting it. I can see how it would be useful to figure out where those limits are before extending them. But I do like the idea of sharper turn in and more immediacy to the handling. Just from a “fun to drive” aspect.

I’ve spent a lot of time researching pads and I’m starting to see what you guys are saying. No one solution seems to fit the bill. I saw some people have had good luck with Endless pads, but availability and expense seem to be issues. I’ve read swapping pads on the OG was a breeze - I’m comfortable doing some wrenching. I’ll do a little research on just how involved it is on the comp. I’m a little paranoid about working on brakes.

For background, I have a heavily modified 993 with lightweight flywheel, full RS suspension, KW v3s, and solid mounts throughout. It’s NVH city, but a blast to drive. I’m actually ok with some NVH if it means the car is faster. What I don’t like are clunks and that’s a concern.
M2C pad swap involves taking the calipers off where OG M2 is just knocking 2 pins out.

I've just started gearing up for track in my OG as well. First track weekend car was stock except for Motul 600 brake fluid and Hawk DTC-60 track pads. Now I've hit the point where the street tires (PS4S) roll so much on the outside sidewall I'm killing the tires. Next step is dedicated track wheels/tires with tires being 200w rated. Also going to an 18" square setup (another perk of OG vs C) so I can rotate around based on wear. I'm going to see how wear is for a bit on the new wheel setup before diving into to camber plates.
Appreciate 1
Rk-d598.50