View Single Post
      11-08-2022, 06:51 PM   #63
-Eidos
@lbb_kev
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 (LBB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Yeah I know e85 has excellent evaporative cooling. But I am 110% certain that if you push the car hard it'll over heat. There's no way around that, no tune, no turbo kit, nothing is going to get around the fact that the radiator is massively undersized in this car and the fact that bmw cut corners making it - in favor of better packaging. There have been alot of people out there trying to solve this problem to no avail. I don't want to be negative but that's the reality of this situation.

ZM2 and I have been brain storming for years on how to completely solve this to no success, and he's tried many variations of what we came up with.
No offense taken, this is a discussion among members that want to push the platform forward!

Not to say that the heat issue is solved for me nor that my setup somehow replaced the need for Tyspeed level cooling, but there's room to reduce overall oil heat load being dumped into the coolant loop via the Mosselman thermostat (different than BM3 max cooling mode) and a more efficient turbo. Have either of you tried the Mosselman?
Speedtech Stage 3 (8474) | Remus Exhaust | Wagner EVO 3 | XClutch | DS2 + Lift Kit | Nostrum S2 Injectors | TI E5LM | Torqbyte EKP | Intrax 1K2 | SPL | Drexler GT Race Light LSD by limitedslip.de | Schirmer Diff Lift Kit

Full E85 DI-Only 717WHP Flex Fuel tuned by BendCalibration (ECUTek) | Built by SD Garage
Appreciate 1
F87source7367.00