View Single Post
      10-11-2022, 08:59 AM   #50
SCMTX
Private
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C, exesE92 M3, F82, F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson kop View Post
I had terrible spring bind in my TCK kit that was resolved with a fresh pair of bearings (covered by TCK) for the front camber plates. Apparently there was a bad batch.

Problem is after it being completely gone, after 500 street miles I’m getting hints of it. To be clear, it was undriveable before so this isn’t the same thing at all, but now that I’m familiar with what spring bind is my radar is up and I definitely have detected the faintest bit of it in very rare circumstances.

It’s tolerable for now, but I’ll be moving on to MCS with Vorschlag plates at some point down the road.
Dang it...that's not what I want to hear....about the bearings. When your car is up in the air are your springs unloaded/movable? I can't remember if you were the one who had the helper springs or not?

Last night, had the car in the air for the AA EL mid pipe install. Turning the front wheels left and right, the top not and strut sharf turn, and the spring is also trying to turn, just grinding on the lower perch....seems wrong to me? I had to replace the bearings on the stock mounting hats on my e46 M3, and the car was on Bilstein B16s, I had a binding issue.

Would you say the problem is likely my bearings?
Thanks!
Appreciate 0