10-02-2022, 08:13 PM   #13
ericlr1225
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezil View Post
I think you posted a reply to another of my posts in a different thread; hopefully a single response will cover both.

I never found a combination of E85 and CA 91 AKI that resulted in no knocks detected. Pushing to E20 improved things, but it made fuel consumption worse, and if I went too far, I ended up loosing pressure from the HPFP because it's already at its limit.

I did an Aquamist Methanol Injection install a couple of years back and it 100% solved the octane problem for me. I don't use the car as much as I used to, and I find that a windshield washer reservoir (about 1 gallon) of 50:50 methanol:distilled water (by weight) lasts for 2 or 3 tanks of fuel. It's been rock solid since I did the install and though I'm not happy that the CA fuel is so bad, I'm happy with the reliability and discrete install I did of the Aquamist setup.

My plan if I get back in to modding, is to upgrade the turbo, but I'm seriously considering not bothering. The BM3 maps that added the lag between shifts fix are good, but a new turbo might need a custom tune, and all of the tuners that I asked in the past were unable to add the lag between shifts fix. Without that fix, the drivetrain behaviour is just so frustrating.
Just saw this and the answer by another guy, this is great info from you. I never think about even E20 can't clear issues enough for CA91 pump gas(more like 89octane). Now I have to change my plan.

1. If I'm going for more power, I definitely need to start researching Injection method like yours

2. If I'm going conservatively, probably just get a custom 91ACN stage 2 tune. and try to enjoy every bit HP I can get from it.

What a waste for all those Bold-ons we have LOL. I feel suck.

Still thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0