View Single Post
      09-11-2022, 03:07 PM   #59
M Fifty
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 & 330CI

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
That's what I'm worried about, the riv nuts, and yes I'm very familiar with them as I use aluminum ones for my front lip. Stainless has good strength, some don't, some have a low spin strength.

If you tie one structure to another you're bracing it whether you like it or not. The corner braces absolutely braces the strut tower by securing it with a rigid object to the front frame (wheel house), if the strut tower tries to move it has to move the brace which is fixed. Obviously it's not as efficient as a multi point attached brace (or a strut tower brace where the forces again are in the direction of bracing) as the strut tower can try to rotate around the sole mounting point, but it'll be brace forward and back were the force is in the direction of bracing.

Watch the engineering explained video I linked, he talks about strut tower movements.
Okay, as mentioned above, I've been through the entire thread where you describe the Turner braces and A. N. OTHER strut brace as more effective than the item BMW came up with. It's okay, everyone has their own opinion. But, while your proposed solution is really, really much easier and less expensive to retrofit than BMWs solution, due to the way that the original bracing system, and the one its possible to retrofit from BMW work, to say that it's better (rather than cheaper and easier to retrofit) is my problem with what you've posted.

But in the interests of trying to understand your points outside of the above, could you point me to the post where you link to the engineering video? TIA.
Appreciate 0