View Single Post
      08-21-2022, 02:34 PM   #52
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M's

Ok, let me gather my thoughts here.

First off the M2 CS from the factory sounds bad and looks ever worse. All those guys saying their OG M2 sounds better are absolutely right.

As for the looks, I had an M2C and I immediately painted the udder black to make it 1/2 acceptable. I didn't want to paint the exhaust of an M2 CS so I knew eventually I would get a new exhaust to try to work on both issues.

Honestly I've never spent this much on an exhaust system before in my life. How can a $8000 system possibly live up to expectations? I'm going to say this one has.

From an installation standpoint it couldn't have been easier. The Akrapovic link pipe and the muffler is precision defined. My installer was impresses, he had just come off a very difficult M2 CS muffler / mid pipe installation and he isn't alone. Most systems require headaches and modifications to make them work. This fit and finish and ease of installation gets a 10/10.

The weight savings speak for themselves. And it's significant if you ask me.

The throttle response seems to be better. More immediate, no lag.

The looks speak for themselves. No more udder and the looks are now fitting for a legendary M car.

The sound. I'm not going to lie. With the flaps open and you're partial throttle below 4k rpm, the system drones. So I just don't drive around under those conditions.

Compared to my old M2 CSR the system sounds better. It's more aggressive on throttle and going from WOT to partial throttle the bark is pretty angry.

I love the flexibility of the system. Quite when you want it and angry when feeling frisky or you want to impress the Hondas giving you a hard time.

Overall I would do it again for $8000. The ease of removal and potential sale down the road make this a no brainer for me. In the meantime I get to enjoy the new sound of my S55 which definitely makes the M2 CS a more enjoyable machine to pilot.