Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenz View Post
I don't think CCB will matter in the long run.
MB is definitely the colour to have as it's the poster colour but also it's also the only one that is recognisable as a CS alone (no other F87 comes in this colour)
Gold vs Black may not matter too much because some like them some don't. Black is probably safer.

And….. I think DCT will actually be the most 'desired' in future. Sure a manual will always be touted as a drivers car, but the penny is only just now starting to drop that the DCT is NOT an auto… BMW have said that they plan to continue manuals on future models…but you cannot buy a DCT anymore. F87 M2CS was the last car it came in. (Incidentally this is one of the reasons the F87 will remain a desired version even after the G87 comes out).
Just IMO of course 😁
I agree on all points except MB being 'definitely' the colour to get. Clearly many like it but more than 50% of buyers actively didn't. I don't think the 2nd hand market is going to vary that much from first buyers. The same goes for transmission, wheel colour, brakes etc - where preferences varied significantly by geo, let alone individual buyer. CCB second hand for me is the only active red (vs green) flag. As a collector long term owner however, get whatever you want - you after all control the condition it's maintained at and know its provenance.
Appreciate 0