View Single Post
      07-14-2022, 06:45 AM   #97
Daleb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

So i've had my set of B16's on my OG and Comp for a combined time of around 2 years and around 8000 miles, this includes 1 UK winter. There is no denying the improved dampening and compliance on the road is a huge improvement and the car behaves so much better, however....

The build quality on Bilsteins is SHOCKING. In the 8000 miles i've had a snapped rear spring with the other looking like it was going to go soon too, both rear height adjusters are seized and now the rear bushes on both rear shocks are loose and causing a knocking noise. I never had any of these issues on a previous bmw with KW V3's over much greater road miles. I also find Bilsteins customer service is just as bad with huge lead times on replacement parts for what is essentially an off the shelf entry level coilover setup.

Personally these issues are too much to over look vs the improvements and will be binning the Bilsteins for something else. Unfortunately I'll never buy bilstein again which is a shame as the performance is great.
Appreciate 3
chris7197393.50
MooMooM21845.00