Drives: 2018 M2 LBB - 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson kop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gphung View Post
Glad you got it resolved.

I know the question was a bit rhetorical, but regardless, I had the infamous clunking with my Ohlins R&T that many of us have. Called them and the folks there were understanding, and covered the rebuild on their dime despite me technically being out of their limited warranty period. I had similar woes as you did (added cost to mechanics), and while that sucked, I'm definitely glad to have my problem acknowledged and ultimately resolved too.
Is that issue with the Ohlins R&T unique to the F87 spec unit?
Seems so, but it has Ohlins puzzled last I spoke with them to be honest. We knew the root cause to be due to the internal bushing changing parts from some brass(?) construction to PTFE. All they did in all of the examples in the below thread (including me) was revert back to their old style bushing and the issue was gone.

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...2#post25216872

However, the guy on the phone (who honestly isn't just some typical front line support or sales folk) said they haven't gotten any complaints from M3/M4 owners; only M2 owners. So I'm not really sure what to make of that. I'm pretty sure the Ohlins R&T part number is the same for both chassis, but I might be wrong.
Appreciate 0