First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LBB - 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Holy crap, I have shell 93 octane locally to me now - ready from the pump! I am so excited right now and really am excited out of my mind. Finally I am going to have good fuel available to me once again, and this really will be the best fuel available in Canada since shell is known for their superb quality and consistency of fuels. So my car will now only use shell fuel and shell oil.

Here are my plans:

1) in the next few days or weeks I will be filling my m2 up with shell 93, I will be taking a sample to verify how much ethanol is in it.

2) I will try to data log this fuel and compare it to my previous data logs on husky 94 and petro 94 and see how well shell 93 stacks up. I fully expect shell 93 to blow these two other fuels out of the water in terms of knock prevention. I will also try to log chevron 94 and see how well that does, with and without some e85 mixed in to get E10. This will be dependent on if I have time this summer and may take weeks or months to complete.

Overall I am really excited about this and really hope shell starts making this more available at every station.
Whereabouts in Canada did you find Shell 93? I'm in Toronto Ontario and haven't seen it yet.
Appreciate 0