View Single Post
      04-18-2022, 09:09 AM   #13
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

In the Ferodo lineup the 2500 is the closest to a street/track pad. The 1.11 & 3.12 are considered track pads but certainly nothing stopping someone from running them on the street. The 1.11 however can squeal something fierce - like everyone stops and grabs their ears when you slow down fierce. The 3.12 has a lot of initial bite - great for a high grip situation on track but maybe not quite as fun on the street (personal preference here). They will also wear down the discs quicker than any of the others. But significantly less squeal than the 1.11.

Of those 3 the 2500 does have the friendliest street manners and they can be tracked. They will not withstand the higher temp ranges that the 1.11 & 3.12 will - but if you feel like the oem pads were sufficient these should handle the task. Dust will still be there (hard to eliminate with these requirements) and they can get a bit of squeal from time to time. You can use this when installing - BG Stop Squeal - to help control the noise.

Also fluid - would recommend going with either Castrol SRF or Endless 650 if you haven't already. Just as important to run a good fluid as a good pad.

That being said when it comes to brakes I prefer to run a dedicated track pad and separate street pad (no this is not just because we are a dealer for Essex and want to sell more Ferodo pads ). The M2C is a heavy car & capable of some good speed & grip out of the box - depending on one's driving style and the track characteristics it is possible to overwhelm the brakes in stock form. If you start leaning on it pretty hard - and especially with any level of DSC on - it is nice having the safety net of additional fade resistance that a true track pad provides. On a modified car this safety net becomes more of a necessary tolerance range needed for the brakes to properly function in. After a bit of practice pad changes can be done in about an hour or so (if pretty efficient) and I feel this time is well worth it. Also gives you a bit more time with your eyes on the brakes (and suspension) to help note if there are any issues that need to be addressed. And you know exact thickness of the pads before and after. In Ferodo the 1.11on track & 2500 on the street is a great combo to swap back & forth on - for a dual duty car this is my preferred setup. It can be a bit of a pain doing these pad swaps before & after - but I definitely prefer that time spent over fading brakes on the track.

Last edited by OG Shark; 04-18-2022 at 10:08 AM..
Appreciate 2
flybigjet6944.50
bentom2335.50