03-30-2022, 06:47 PM   #13
Hegge
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by protamine View Post
Hi,

Recent 991.2 GTS seller. What an amazing car. I'm waiting on a Rivian to come in Q3 and want something that I can DD for the next few months. Thought about a E46 M3 but don't know if I want that as a primary car without sorting it first.

I decided to drive a '17 M2 6MT (on a wet day) because it was local. It had 38k, was impeccably clean. Drove great. MPE. Love the dark gray color. Fresh PS4S, but found hawk brake pads and dynomat in the trunk. Not sure if any other mods, but def wasn't flashed.

Great car, but got me thinking that I'd want a '18, just cuz.

Talked with a friend who said 'just spend the money and get a comp, hold value, s55 mod potential, etc'. So I went and drove an Orange '20. DCT (once again, its in town). The car had a bunch of dings, but had MPE and a bunch of carbon bits and was 71. I wanted to see the Orange color (the car wasn't clean and it was overcast, and I was kind of meh). My 100% dealbreaker is manual transmission so I knew I wasn't going to buy the car. During the drive I noticed it had intake, and I assume it was tuned because it broke loose at 50 on the highway (though it was 45*) and seemed to pull more in line with my 911 GTS vs marginally faster than the '17.

My overall impression though was that the seats weren't as comfortable (though many have said they were similar cushioning), the power was ridiculous (though may be tuned) and the suspension was much harsher (different test drive area though, and salesman kept putting it into S+).

Its not really a cost issue, but has anyone felt this way and gone OG as a result? Or was it this particular example and maybe being tired from surgery all day ETC, just sack up and get a 6MT comp.
Why would you go from a 911 to an M2? Such a downgrade.
Appreciate 0