View Single Post
      03-24-2022, 01:10 PM   #2
bkd705
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

RKP Front Lip

So the RKP lip wasn’t really planned. I knew I wanted to do a lip with the wing, partially to balance aero, but also just to help with the looks. I don’t think the RKP lip is really going to add any crazy aero benefit, but it does support an adjustable lower piece I can add later on if I’m suffering from a lot of push due to the wing. One popped up for sale at a good price so last minute decided to grab it, and installed the same day because I have no patience.

The RKP Carbon lip is honestly awesome. The quality is great, the fitment is perfect. I’ve heard so many horror stories of carbon parts and fitment issues. The RKP lip bolted into all the OEM holes no issue, lines up with the body perfectly and you only have to drill two small holes under the bumper to fit the additional backing support plate provided.

M235ir Wing

The wing I was also super undecided on. I always loved the look of them, and jumped between Schirmer, M235ir and M2 CS Racing wings. But I also wasn’t sure of the benefit or if I would just be adding this for looks. After reading a few threads here (OG Shark’s thread, a few other threads on the wing/M2 CSR wing) I decided a wing was going to be part of the build. A friend of mine was getting rid of his OEM M235ir wing, so I scooped it.

Looking at the wing from a "performance" perspective. As I mentioned I really wasn't sure. Looking at the M235ir and the M2 CSR they both don't have a substantial front lip for aero benefit, now either they want to introduce push since they are customer cars, or the wings are more about smoothing airflow and less downforce so they don't need a lot of front to balance. Regardless based on that I felt comfortable adding the wing without significant front aero. Looking at some of the other threads here, as well as feedback from local owners who ran the wing, it seems it does have a measurable difference, but I'm comfortable saying this is more for looks than performance, as the tracks we have here tend to be more slow and technical, not high speed cornering where the wing would add a large benefit.

I decided to paint match the endplates as they were LBB before, after that I let a local shop do the install. Honestly too scared to drill my trunk myself and they’ve done a few of these wings so I felt it was for the best. I have only driven on the street with it so far so no real thoughts on the performance, but man am I in love with the way it looks. I’m still on winter wheels but so far lots of compliments and I personally can’t stop looking at it and taking photos.

Last edited by bkd705; 03-24-2022 at 01:24 PM..
Appreciate 8