View Single Post
      03-21-2022, 11:36 AM   #58
nakamuru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: mazda3, vw passat, suzuki vita

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Thought I'd close out my thread here with "what happened" to my M2 after I sold it on Carmax, in case anyone is interested. As I posted earlier they offered my $43k for my 2016 M2. It was ready for 4 new tires, annual service, and had 1 accident on the Cafax. After I sold it I checked Carmax every day until finally, 35 days later, it popped back up for sale at a Carmax about 50 miles from the one I sold it at. It was offered up for $48k and change and in the description mentioned it had 4 new tires. it was online for 11 days before it disappeared, presumably to a new owner.

Overall I'm pretty damn happy with the deal. They charged 5k over what they bought it off of me for and had to invest in at least a new set of tires, some transport costs, buy/sell paperwork, title change, etc. They made money but I dont feel like I got duped.
i read all the post and it's nice to read from beginning to the end. I'm in Seattle to and gonna sell my 2019 x3 which was paid when i got it in 2019 and get a x5. Did you ever contact elliott bay or bmw seattle for offer? I will ask the sites you checked and see the rates too. I'm not gonna go private party too especially with so many craziness in Seattle going nowadays. One question is, the used car market is quite high and wondering when the price hike started. Are we still in this price hike? Considering you sold your car about month or two ago. I do remember 6-8 months was probably it's highest but not sure if used cars went down or still same?
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11484.00