03-14-2022, 06:22 PM   #1
SuperMarioM2
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 M Performance Edition - 6mt

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.83]
What is this Modded 2017 M Performance Edition 6 spd Worth?

Yeah, I'm OK with getting beat up for asking the question. So don't worry about my feelings.

I bought this car new and wanted to keep it long term. But within the first year someone pulled out in front of me and there simply wasn't enough time or space. Front passenger side impact. No airbag deployment, but $6k worth of damage and a Carfax (which is attached btw).

So at less than 5k miles I decided to start modding. And tracking. This car has been to Homestead and Sebring numerous times. The car already had the M Performance Coil overs from the factory, so I added the full Dinan package with Turbo, intake, intercooler and piggy back tune. Ran the car like that for 18 months. During that time I also added most of the IND interior updates like the LCI dash, the Alcantara and carbon bits and the I mounted the M Performance Exhaust remote between the two cupholders.

During Covid, in 2020 I switched to Bootmod3 and updated the hardware. I added the FabSpeed sportcat 200 cel, the Eventuri V2 and went full FBO. I went with FTP pipes, the TurboSmart V11 BOV, and the XDI-35 HPFP. I also added the Spool Stage 2 LPFP for good measure. But I kept the Dinan turbo (which was already starting to fail - I just didn't know it yet).

During this time I went full track mode. I added the seats from AMX Performance in Europe, the roll cage from PSDesigns along with their Rear Seat Delete Kit. The Gyrodisc rotors went on. i added a custom brake cooling duct setup with a special carbon undertray from BP Engineering. The car has stainless steel brake lines and a set of Apex FL-5 track wheels on a stud conversion kit. I added Schroth harnesses and hit the track.

The car was fast. So fast it had a hard time getting fuel during Sebring's long hard right hand sweeper (turn 17) with less than 1/2 a tank of gas. I learned about M2 fuel starvation issues the hard way. After a few events it happened. Engine failure. Cracked piston.

Now at about 20k miles, that's how the built motor came to be. CP Carillo rods and pistons along with VAC bearings. I also added the Insane Performance crank hub and the Kies N55 seal guard. Good as new I thought. But no. Unfortunately, the car was burning a lot of oil after the rebuild. After all that, turns out the Dinan turbo was fried.

I replaced with the stock OEM turbo (yeah, no big turbo for me). And the Bend Calibration Ultimate BM3 Ethanol sensor kit that integrated with Bootmod3 Flex Fuel maps. At the next track event (at Sebring again) the M Performance coil over failed. It literally broke / unscrewed itself and leaked all the fluid. Instead of replacing it with the same thing, I upgraded to the Team Schirmer Nitron R3 coilover track pack, complete with bushings and kinematics.

The car was definitely in full track mode now. Unfortunately, my bad luck wasn't done. It overheated on track and was never the same. Water pump failed. Turned out later the block cracked. Rebuild #2. This time under warranty thank god - from the first rebuild. I bought a new block, and my engine builder built the motor again. At no additional cost.

The car now has 600 miles on it since then. The total is 26,450 miles. I'm running break in with the stock fuel pump, downpipe, intake, intercooler and stock tune. It's never asked for oil. And everything looks good so far.

I know what this car is worth to me. And I know what I have into it. It's well over six figures and you're welcome to guess. What would it be worth to you? That's what I'm curious about. And why? What are the things that make it worthless or super valuable to you?

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0