02-16-2022, 09:27 PM   #1
shaneguags
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Big Turbo BMW M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.42]
Recently, after picking up my car the shop told me the startup is rough and when starting it, the car idle is pulsing almost the whole time till it drops down in RPM. The sound isn't a consistent loud sound and sounds like it is hiccuping. When warmed started, the RPM will sometimes drop under 1k RPMs and shoot back up or it'll go right to 1k RPMs and then jump up a little. It doesn't do it every time and the shop said it is most likely the fuel injectors and that they need to be replaced. Also, when driving the car, it feels fine and has no CEL. When scanning the car, the shop said it reads that misfires in all the cylinders and on BM3 it has a code with the exhaust valve.

As well, my reasoning for being in the shop was because I just got my wastegate rod fixed (since it snapped), had it readjusted accordingly, and just got NGK step colder spark plugs, gapped accordingly to my setup at 17,900 milage. In addition, I recently had coil ignitions and an oil change done at 16,500 milage (1,400 miles ago), reflashed the tune on my car and reset adaptations after fixing the wastegate and the rough idle is still there, so I don't understand what would be causing it

For performance, I am running the 8374 Borg Warner Stage 3 EFR kit (comes with catless downpipe, exhaust manifold, turbo inlet, intercooler outlet pipe, hosing, ect.), Eventuri V1 intake, Wagner Tuning competition evo III, Dorch Engineering N55 stage 2 high pressure fuel pump, BootMod3 stage 2 custom tune, and FI Exhaust valvetronic catback system

Right now I am running a very conservative 93 pump gas tune. I had the shop look at the air to flow ratio, timing, and boost pressure during WOT just in case and all readings were fine. I'm running 21 PSI, timing at 7 seconds, and forgot the air to fuel ratio number but he said it's running how it should.

I'm thinking either the spark plugs weren't gapped accordingly for my big turbo setup, the intake valve needs cleaning, pvc valve needs cleaning, injectors need cleaning or need to be replaced, or maybe it's from my last gas fill up (Mobil gas fill because I was nearly empty). I hear no rattles or weird noises. The only thing I hear are the injectors ticking loud on startups (which is normal), if anyone has any idea what may be causing this, please let me know.

Thanks, Shane
Appreciate 0