View Single Post
      12-22-2021, 01:30 PM   #53
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Congrats on selling. I sold my last car a few months ago to the dealer I got my new car from. They actually beat the offer from Carmax by $2000. Carvana and others weren't even close. Shift was offering the most but I hadn't really heard about them and there weren't many reviews online, so I elected against it.
Same with me on shift vs. the others. However, when I really read up on the process it goes like this:

1) Shift makes an online offer based on your inputs
2) Shift comes out and inspects your car and may cancel or lower their offer.
3) Shift takes your car away and spends 2 to 3 days inspecting it with a technician. They may cancel or lower their offer.
4) Shift wires you the money in about a week.

At every point it seemed there was ample opportunity for their online offer to be whittled down and in step 3 you cant just walk away because they have your car hostage. Imagine how that convo goes "Yeah, you lowered my offer by $4k and are now below XYZ's offer. No thanks, I want my car back" and then some Shift jackass get to drive YOUR car back to you at their leisure. Meanwhile you've wasted so much time that your backup offers through Carmax or others have expired. yeah, no thanks.
Appreciate 3
________4163.50
Germanauto9747.50
ggunn9160.00