View Single Post
      12-04-2021, 11:47 AM   #2
wjones14
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

A few other comparison comments I forgot to mention:

Gauges - I liked the adjustable digital gauges in the Camaro a lot more than M2 gauges. I still don't get why BMW doesn't have a coolant temp gauge, even in the hidden menu with the turn signal button. The Camaro had 3 general modes - Classic, Tech, and Media. I usually stuck with the Classic mode, but just the fact that you could change it depending on your mood was a cool thing. And of course the Camaro had a coolant temperature gauge and an easily readable oil temperature gauge. Plus a lot of other neat stuff like eLSD slip percentage. The M2C does have an oil temp gauge when cycling through the turn signal button menu, but am I the only one who finds it difficult to read? It has a number at the 160 tick mark and another at the 250 tick, but no numbers in between? Oh well, it's a nitpick and probably why i didn't mention it in my original comparison.

Steering wheel - Oh yes, the BMW wheel is sublime. Love it. The small diameter and thick grip feels perfect. The spongy leather covering takes getting used to, but it's the same wheel as was in my M235i so I am well used to it. The soft feel concerns me a bit that it might scratch easily, so I am super careful with my fingernails and so forth. The Camaro wheel was larger diameter and had a rim that felt too skinny. It was covered in alcantara, which is kind of cool, but also a cause for concern about it getting dirty or matted. Mine stayed like new for the 3 years I owned, but I was always washing my hands before getting in the car to avoid any oils or anything else. If I could choose, I would always go with leather over alcantara.

My Touch infotainment vs. iDrive - To me, the Chevy My Touch system was way more intuitive than the iDrive system. And I've had 3 cars now with iDrive. Both are touch screen of course. The iDrive additionally has the controller so you never have to touch the screen. And I don't. The Camaro infotainment did not have a separate controller, but it did have old school physical buttons below it with a handy Home button. The Chevy screen UI looked better to me and like I said, was more intuitive. The iDrive does have the split screen feature, however, so it wins there. Finally, the Chevy screen was tilted down, apparently to help with glare issues, but it didn't really help that much. The iDrive is more immune to glare issues. Overall - toss-up between the two infotainment systems.
akkando5872.50
PHX102163.50
TripleU170.00