Thread: Parting out
View Single Post
      11-10-2021, 09:16 AM   #3
AKIM2
Australia
Rep
Drives: Bmw m2

How was the exhaust with your setup? I could be motivated with sufficient beer consumed...[/QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Bag View Post
Always the way - I buy a CSF intercooler, Catted DP and CF spoiler and one week later there's a Part out.

How was the exhaust with your setup? I could be motivated with sufficient beer consumed...
Hi K-Bag
Make sure enough beer is consumed before continuing on……(health warning)

On the first 2-3 weeks of having the exhaust setup I had my valves on 50%. When fully opened It felt like I was literally sitting at the back of the car with exhaust facing me, but in saying that maybe it was me not getting used to the sound of louder exhaust tone.
I am very pleased with the way it performed and sounded but was just something not right there.
After the third week I had the ASD coded off and absolutely transformed how it sounded. I have it open at 100% all the time now. The tone is controlled, deep, clear and distinctive, it sounded like an amplified OEM system.
The remote and the phone app gave me options of changing the valves anytime I want and quickly too. Another option if you're not wanting to control the valves yourself is just to connect the actuators with the cables provided to the car system.
In any mode on idle the exhaust is docile but you can hear that low humming v6-v8 rumble.
On mdm mode it burbles longer and louder, on sports mode it is burbles quicker and on sports plus mode the burbles sounded furious, it is quick loud and forceful I would say. All in all I say it is a premium system with quality material and build, not having to touch once on any part of the system after install.
Appreciate 1
K-Bag19.00