Megator
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLizzzard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megator View Post
What do you mean by overwhelming them? Your braking is limited by the tires, the worse their grip is the less they will stress the braking system

This is why slicks stress the car a lot more.

1) Braking technique, are you stomping on them at the last moment and gently releasing? or riding the brakes to the braking point?

2) Software optimization, the car does a bunch of brake BS that helps with normal street driving (think pre engaging the brakes or ramping up brake pressure to help in an emergency brake situtation) which can introduce fade. I had this turned off by @daap1193 and the brakes are really great and linear now.
That's what i mean, overwhelming the tyres, not the brakes.

I do brake quite hard but im used to modulating a race car on slicks with no abs so although im definitely open to improving still and my technique is quite hard, it is progressive.

On your second point, that is really interesting - is it possible to turn off some of the BS without stopping the ABS from working??
I still don't understand point 1 unless you mean you are constantly going into ABS. If you are constantly going into ABS, I think you need to remodulate your brain to change braking points and pressures.

Having said that my second point makes this hard because every brake moment the pedal will feel (slightly) different. For example of the car thinks you could be braking harder for the "emergency stop" you are doing, it'll add pressure you may not want.

Yes it is possible to turn all of that off and keep ABS. That is how my car is. If you can get someone with ESYS that can plug into your car I can show you how.