07-26-2021, 08:45 AM   #7709
MooMooM2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWF87Melb View Post
Very nice - fits the interior perfect!

I'm pretty happy with the zhp knob looks and feel wise, but looking to get the m performance knob to get a bit of improvement with a more direct and shorter throw (I'm surprised a change in shift knob could do this but many here have said it does achieve that to some degree)

I've read that the m performance knob is a tad on the smaller side and not as weighty as the zhp. But keep us posted with how the experience with it goes!

I think those are all correct observations from the couple hour drive I did yesterday. Most definitely feels shorter (and looks shorter too). I think my only complain is that I do wish it had more weight to it, it is lighter than the other one and it feels lighter. As far as size, much smaller in the hand and if I had big hands this might not work, the stock knob is IMO much more comfortable but I do love the texture on this one and the smooth top feels nice on the palm.

I got it from the classifieds here for half the price that IND sells and for that I think its well worth it, at $400 it is one of those things that I would have to try before buying as I am not sure everyone is going to like it. I am ok with trading a little comfort and ergonomics for the feeling of faster shifting (maybe its there, maybe its not but sure feels like it) and looks
Appreciate 0