07-16-2021, 11:45 AM   #1
MASHCT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 MG

Fortune Auto Series 500 installed & pics

Oct 2 2021 update:

Hey everybody - thank you very much for all of the advice & input. I went with the 500 series, Swift springs, 8k front/16k rear. I posted some pics at the end of the thread to show the stance. I didn't go too low - I'm old. LOL

The build quality is impressive and they look real nice out of the box. Awesome finish. Mind blowing quality. Major bang-for-buckage here & made in the USA!!

Thanks again everybody & to all of the threads about spring rates & brands to consider. Couldn't have done it without y'all.

Jim

Orig post:

I've been reading through many threads re: spring rates. Want to say thanks to everyone who has posted some great info & insight. Y'all are fantastic!

I've narrowed my choices down to two:

BC Racing, DS Series, standard variant (not extreme low), Swift Springs upgrade & default spring rate 7K/mm (~392 lb/in) front, 14K/mm (~784 lb/in) rear.

Fortune Auto, based on info I provided them with how I use the car & my goal for the suspension upgrade, recommends their 500 series, Swift Springs with 8K/mm (~448 lb/in) front & 16K/mm (~896 lb/in) rear spring rates. I can also get the 7/14 K/mm combo.

I do not know the actual lb/in rates - I just used an online converter to determine those. Both mfrs only show rates in K/mm.

Curious to know if any suspension geeks out there can comment on expected ride quality changes. There are a lot of you that seem to really know your stuff on this subject!!

OEM ride quality is not as bad as I thought - but it is definitely jittery/bouncy on lousy CT roads. Some are bad enough that I feel the car lose grip/hop a little at times.

Appreciate any help/insight on what I can expect with these set ups, which spring rate option you might go with. I am leaning towards the Fortune Auto set up, so it's the spring rate I am most interested in hearing your input about.
2017 M2 | MGM | 6SPD Std | RWD | MP Exhaust | CSF FMIC | Active Autowerke DP w/ HF CAT | FTP Charge & Boost Pipes | Fortune Auto series 500 7k/14k coilovers | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & HD series Rear | Richland Forged Project Nurburg RF-GT4 Wheels | AudioControl LC-6.1200 | JL Audio TWK 88 | CF Goodies

Last edited by MASHCT; 10-02-2021 at 03:36 PM..
Appreciate 0