Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
Such a fanboy with lame arguments...sad.
I think it's the other way around. Your justifications are quite weak, and don't hold up at all.

Quote:
I don't know if you've ever setup your Exige yourself but there are no camber bolts on the front of the car. The only way to adjust front camber from the factory is to remove shims. Even if you remove all the shims you don't even get 1 full degree of negative camber. You either have to remove the arms and mill some material away or get some offset bushings to get enough negative camber. I can get -4 degrees of front negative camber using only factory adjustments in my GT3.
Again, you didn't know your car.

The shims are for minor adjustments.

Yes, you can get milled steering arms, but easier than that is to move the strut up onto the top strut mount instead of the bottom one, giving you an immediate -2°.

Perfection for the front of a Lotus is -2.2°, which is easily achievable with $0 if you know what you're doing.

Quote:
You said your Exige compares favorably to ANY Porsche so don't bring up the price difference and back pedal now. I was comparing street cars of a similar year (07 GT3, 07 Exige).
The experience of driving the Lotus compares very favorably to the experience of driving a similarly priced Porsche. In fact, better in most eyes.

And if you want to compare numbers, no problem there either, just put the same money into the Lotus as you have in the GT3 and you'll be there and then some.

Quote:
Comparing a Lotus 311 race car with no windshield to a full weight GT street car, what a dumb comparison. Let's compare a 911 RSR to a 311 or any modern Lotus race car and see how that pans out
Just because your posh Porsche has a windshield doesn't make it any more of a normal car. Race car to race car you lose, setting up the car on any track other than high-speed power-plays.

Not sure it's as obvious to everyone as it is to me, but you have no clue what you're talking about. Because you don't understand something means it can't be right?

That'll be my last reply to you.
Appreciate 2