ESB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_curebimmer View Post
Hope everyone had an enjoyable 4th of July weekend!

I just reviewed this clip of a fellow F87 member @AM///M2C who has stock DPs, the non-rez EL + AA new valved muffler

I didn't distinguish the raspiness around 1,5k or 2k RPM that the majority here are complaining about, so I'm thinking that adding an aftermarket muffler does help quite a bit?

Thoughts, comments?

Edit: just listen to this via headphones...much better/realistic/engaging vs. phone or laptop, and really, IMO, this is the best sound I have heard from an S55 motor.

Sidebar: I could be mistaken, but is it possible that the burbles could somehow interfere with the raspy noise or somehow mask it? My burbles are coded off via BimmerLink. Do all of you who reported as having the rasp have burbles on or off?
I guess my only comments are that his videos are once everything is warmed up and not everyone is reporting raspiness at 2k in that scenario. So it's hard to pinpoint whether it's the muffler that is making the difference.

His video is also from March which is around the time I got my midpipe. If you have a theory that perhaps the earlier batches are immune then that would apply to these videos as well :/

With all of that said, someone commented on my YouTube cold start video that they experience much less rasp at cold start with aftermarket muffler. So you indeed may be on to something but I'd caution against using this video as a proof point.
Appreciate 0