United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicname View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESB View Post
Okay I made 2 videos. One showing cold start. Got "lucky" and finally got one where it shows the issue. Not as bad as I'm used to. Note that for the past week+ it hasn't been happening.

Pretty clear when it happens.

Next video is once everything is warmed up and I'm trying to keep revs low while in Sport mode. This one is longer and boring but No_curebimmer I'd love if you could spot whether this sounds like yours or not?

I think I hear some tinny noise at 1:12 and 3:20?

Overall I'm not bothered by the sound in the second video. And the short pull at the end brings a smile to my face.

I guess while making it I was constantly thinking how it didn't feel that natural. I'm not usually hanging out in sub-2k rpm to then be able to pass over to 2-2.3k. Car tends to cruise more towards 2.3k and up and so my daily driving is usually spent at ~2.3-3.5k. Main exception is of course rolling from a standstill (red light etc). But that's how second video starts and it sounded fine to my ears. Did it to yours?
That sound at 1:12 is what people are hearing? That's the only sound that really stood out to me. Was it the recording or the exhaust producing that kind of screech?
The screech was construction on the left haha. But if you listen carefully to that segment I guess the exhaust does sound different than normal?

But I can't tell if that's the sound people are talking about at 2k when warm….
Appreciate 0