Driver87
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdl8r View Post
...it works...
I installed the Akrapovic sound kit on my CS today. It allows me to manually control the valves. Red for open, white for closed, etc. Both the remote and the iphone app let you do so and the install only takes 30 minutes. (The iphone app works most consistently and is a better interface.)

The control module with the cables attached even looks a bit like a Scorpion... I also drilled out the plastic a bit to hang from the screw as I don't really like double-sided sticky tape as a mounting solution. Doesn't impact the tray that perches on the same screw. M5 8mm nut.

What I experience after driving it for a bit is that it only works for a temporary period of time. Once the app goes to sleep or the remote goes into battery saving mode, the valves go back to opening and closing as if the control module weren't there.

So here's my theory (or a botched the install)... My belief is that the OG and Competition models have a constant setting for their valves, depending on the driving mode, whereas the CS is more dynamic and is constantly opening and closing them. Those who have this kit and the valves stay open or closed, can you chime in and verify that you have the Competition model? Anyone with a CS that has the Akra and the valves stay permanently open or permanently closed?
This is the same using BimmerLink. The valves will eventually go back to the regular settings after 10 minutes or so. I chose not to install sound kit bc BimmerLink is essentially the same thing.

Sure wish you could just keep them open without having to reload the app. These things need a simple open and shut button that works even after car is turned off, back on.
jdl8r34.50