View Single Post
      04-15-2021, 11:20 AM   #4047
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

OE Carbon Fiber Tips

Okay, as promised...

There are 3 variants of the BMW OEM CF MP Tips.

The first is the variant designed for all F8X model MPE systems, aside from S55 powered M2s (M2C/CS). That part number is: 18302358110. The full length of the tip is covered by the CF sleeve and it is tightened by a hex bolt on the bottom. It is designed for a 67MM tube/inlet diameter. Stock diameter is 70MM, so these wont fit.

A picture.

Name:  OG MPE tip.jpeg
Views: 824
Size:  46.8 KB

The second is the variant designed for the M2C/CS and M5/C MPE unit. PN 18302456072 It is tightened via a clamp and has a shorter CF portion. I do not know what the inlet diameter is meant to be, but I suspect it may be larger given the M5/C MPE may have 70MM tubing from my research.

A picture.

Name:  M2C MPE tip.png
Views: 850
Size:  240.3 KB

This thread https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1610284 by omasou looked at both of these and it seemed to suggest the perforated inner sleeve was the same diameter. However, the pictures of the newer unit seem to hint the sleeve that goes around the tubing is a tad wider on the clamped unit vs. the original variant.

Then there is this one. PN 18302468411. It is designed for all stock variants. It is shorter still in its carbon portion than the second version.

A picture.

Name:  Stock tip .jpg
Views: 809
Size:  38.1 KB

This is a guaranteed fit for the stock exhaust, but the shorter carbon section means that from side angles you can see the interior end of the carbon. It sits a tad flush with the diffuser.

My goal was to find out if the middle variant fit the stock muffler, because I suspect it would stick out a tad more and have more carbon under the diffuser and hence be more attractive and more aggressive overall. I have yet to find this answer.
Appreciate 4