Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptgltw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
Do you have the option of running the full street tune, or is 365 the highest power available with the powersticks?

Given the absence of a vented hood, I wonder if it has reduced cooling capacity?
Yes there are two ways to get the 455 hp package. It's called the club Sport package and not the cup package.

You can buy from the factory. It's $145k vs $120k and includes the recaro seat and additional cooling and different brakes and the power stick.

Or retrofit with The Motorsport parts and have a shop install.

I'll be learning the car in cup form then when I'm ready I'll likely upgrade. The good news with the cup package is you get most if not all the factory torque. So maybe 140 mph down the back straight at VIR and not 150 mph but coming out of the corners should feel similar? Just guessing at the moment.

I like the idea of starting with the "momentum" package first so I can learn how to drive it properly. I'll be a better driver for it.

You are spot on about additional cooling needed for the bump in power. I could order a cf hood but I think I'll pass at this time anyway.
Can't wait to see videos of you in action

Safe driving
ptgltw3779.50