View Single Post
      03-23-2021, 07:40 AM   #80
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i -> M2C -> 21 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenX94 View Post
Wow you guys lighting up this thread! I very much appreciate all your effort.

Celcoder: the way you describe your test drives of both cars is almost exactly what i am picturing in my mind after everyone's advice, and if this is truely the way each car is, i find the M2 Comp better suited for my likings.
It will be my only car yes, and as much as I want an M car i also put big importance to comfort and just daily drives to work, grocery and just sometimes a relaxed drive. Thus if one one of them offers a more relaxed ride (when you want it to be) than the other, this might just be the winning point.

As some of you may read I live in Sweden. It is HARD to easily find a near dealer with M2s to test drive. I am trying to test drive them as back to back as possible and working on booking a date with a dealer.

As for the discussion of some of you here about the resale value and all the pricing related stuff for the future of both cars, it is interesting to read and made me think of something i heard, which is that M2 will no longer be produced in Europe, Is this true? If it is, is the S55 the final engine we will get here? (Not sure what the M2CS engine is)....

Because if the S55 is the final engine we get here, it would hold its value good yes?
That was exactly my point. BMW may decide to produce an "M2" on the new platform, but it will be nothing like the current M2s (OG M2 or M2 Comp) The new M2 is based on a front wheel drive platform and even if they somehow made it rear wheel drive, the dynamics of the car won't ever touch what was truly designed to be a rear wheel drive car from the get go.

As these become rarer and rarer and BMW continued preference to technology over driving dynamics, some of the key differentiators for enthusiasts will be N55 vs S55 when it comes time to sell.
Appreciate 0