2015 Renault RS275R  [9.50]
2019 Renault RS280  [10.00]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
2018 Audi Q2  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TargaM2 View Post
Hey Gents, no data on the AFE scoop but for what it costs & the simple install its certainly worth a try imo.
As for the GTS vented bonnet i am certain it helps with cooling, the amount of heat you feel coming from the vent is proof its more than cosmetic.
I grabbed a scoop b/c I figure WTH, I'll give it a shot.

I'm getting more interested in the idea of the vented hood b/c they also look great. Thoughts on if the CS or GTS style would flow air better and let less water in?
The GTS hood vent opening is much more vertical in design & has no internal baffling as it's simply not needed. I get virtually no water ingress unless I high pressure wash the car & I still only get a few drops on the plastic inlet pipe which is no issue.
The CS hood is more purposeful in build & may extract hot air even better (though I'm only guessing), the vent on the CS is much more horizontal & thus is baffled & designed to divert the increased water ingress.
I personally went for the GTS hood as I'm trying to create my own version of what an M2 GTS might be (wheels, seats, cage, hood etc).
I wanted an aluminium hood as they are much more oem looking imo (underside has all the oem fittings & pressings), aluminium is also much easier to re-work than Carbon if required (thankfully this wasn't needed). The quality of the aftermarket Carbon hoods is also relatively poor from what I've seen requiring additional work before painting.
My aluminium hood required virtually no work apart from removing some excess sealant before paint, the fit & panel gaps etc are the same as the factory hood with very little adjustment needed (I do have a very good panel shop which is imperative imo).
ZM22839.50