F87 S55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
Hawk Ceramic Pads

Quote:
Originally Posted by donutz_m2c View Post
I just installed Hawk Ceramic pads a couple days ago on my M2 Competition.

Front
HB828Z.760

Rear
HB193Z.670

The pads fits perfect, however there were no provisions for the brake pad sensor for the rear pads so I just ziptied them up, no fault lights. The fronts came with back plates but the rears did not so I swapped the old back plate to the new pads. I will update again to comment about brake dust.
Thanks DONUTZ_M2C for the feedback on the fit of the Hawk Ceramics. My 2021 goes in this week for the 1200mi. service and I will install the pads after that happens. SO happy to hear they fit perfectly! I read that the rear pads didn't have the wear sensor slots, but thats not a big deal. My M5 and 330 ZHP run similar pads and have the sensors zip-tied as well. I'm always looking anyway so no worries.

I am anxious to hear how they perform after an aggressive bedding. I know they won't be as touchy as the OE pads, but I'm not concerned as they almost seem like too much at times. I have these on 2 other cars, as mentioned, so I know what I'm getting and am used to them. Even if they greatly reduce the brake dust, I think I am still going to order a set of Richland Forged RF-GT4 in Hyper Silver. These damn 788's are just stupid....took me an hour to clean, 3 different Griots Garage Microfiber wheel wands to get at all the nooks and crannies.
Appreciate 0