No_Country
Rep
Drives: 21 Vantage, 18 Vantage, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Why would you use the light wheels for the hoes and the heavy ones for the track? I'm planning the opposite - lightest for track days, heavy ones can be for the wraparound months with all seasons.
You know why; it's hard for most to beat up expensive wheels. I cringe every time I see a set of HRE's or FI-R's being tracked, but that's because I'm not a person of means. That's literally what they're intended for, so hell yeah, light is right for the track.
I'm with you. When we first started doing track days many many years ago with the BMW club people would bring along crappy old wheels and worn out tyres in the boot. It was just as much fun (maybe more) and it was a way to save money and have fun.

Then things all started to change. Slicks, fancy brakes, coil overs. Eventually people modded their cars so much they started arriving with trailers as the cars were undriveable on the road. The egos were also out of control. And the fun was no more.

That's when I lost interest.

Would be nice to have "track days" like they have in the UK. No timing. Just fun. Ours were taken over by Motorsport bodies, attended by would by would be racing drivers, scrutineered by the type of people that get thrills from pulling wings off flies. There would be great market here for people that would just like to have a bit of fun every now and then.
Appreciate 1