Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWC-F87 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWC-F87 View Post
For the rear we laser cut plates and welded those in and then welded the weld nuts to those.
How are the fronts mounted on this? Existing holes or did you have drill new ones? Have to weld anything?
You can see In the pics I posted that we used one existing hole in the front and I had to drill 2 additional holes. Then we welded in weld nuts.

The back doesn't line up to much that's why we welded in plates and welded weld nuts to the plates.

Like I've been ranting. You can't have a safe cage without going balls deep. It's either safe, partially welded in or it's for show. I don't feel there's an in between.

My cage is one off from a shop in NorCal.
How difficult was it to get to the holes to weld the nuts in? Did you have to drop the gas tank?
We welded inside the car man. I had the back panels all out and we used weld blankets to weld inside.

The cars are made from multiple layers of metal. (EXCEPT THE FLOOR PAN) lol so the areas my cage is bolted/welded to are not accessible from under the car.
I see. I always thought that weld nuts needed to be welded from the back side. Assuming you're using some sort of surface mount type?
Appreciate 0