View Single Post
      02-18-2021, 04:48 PM   #4
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
LOL, for the cost and how small it is - completely ridiculous. I don't recommend this joke of an intercooler.

I've said this in a prior thread thread:

I don't recommend a Stage 1 or a non stepped core.

Stage 1/Stage 2:
VRSF 6.5" Competition. This is by far the best bang for buck. Stated to be 20 fins per inch

CFS - 5.5" Thick, good price and reputation, but it's actually smaller, and more expensive than the VRSF. I believe their fin density is close (16-20 fins per inch)

I do not recommend the Wagner Competition 1 or 2 in any form or capacity.

For competitive use:
VRSF Race - 6" Depth, 11" tall 20 fins per inch, $600. Again, VRSF is a great value here, but I understand the weariness of the brand

Wagner Competition 3 - " 5" depth and 8" tall. Unknown fin density. However, it's one of the biggest intercoolers on the market, second to the race (and Mad/Ebay cores with terrible fin density)
Once you decide to build out your FMIC thread (), you'll have to come up with a dimension convention that works for all the IC's, e.g., the front section of the Evo3 is definitely taller than the VRSF Race (and looks slightly thicker), and the bottom is definitely thicker than 5".

Wagner lists 13.6" and 7.09" for those dimensions respectively, but someone would need to tape measure and weigh it while they're installing to confirm: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=112

Last edited by ZM2; 02-18-2021 at 04:54 PM..
Appreciate 1
243Racing1447.50