View Single Post
      12-19-2020, 12:27 AM   #13
-Eidos
@lbb_kev
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 (LBB)

Some updates after our four hour dyno session today to dial in fueling:

1) We're flowing way too much fuel. This is a good problem to have, but because we're the first ones to actually tune on this set-up (Upgraded injectors and Stage 3 HPFP) we spent a lot of today chasing fueling variables and soft limiters.

2) The injectors have enough room left for at least 700WHP on full E85 and the HPFP upgrade has a lot more in it as well (At our fairly rich lambda targets).

EDIT: Have to emphasize here that using the EU5 injectors on a EU6 car will not work unless you code for it and have a custom tune that adjusts for it properly. Not doing so will run the risk of running too lean or too rich and your car will not run well or at all.

3) At 44,000 miles on the stock factory clutch (6MT), we got consistent clutch slippage at 570 wheel torque in the mid range, so we had to taper it down for now.

Solution: Spec clutch upgrade incoming??

4) At an ethanol mixture of E76, we had a misfire up top at 630WHP and climbing - decided to stop as we did not have time to install new coils, and plugs.

Short term solution: We lowered the higher rpm torque targets for now.

Long term solution: Will gap down to .019" and replace coil packs with new ones.

5) We did it. We hit the goal of 600WHP on DI at a high ethanol mixture of E76. There's still a ton of more room to play with, but all in all it was a successful day.

Attached are three runs.

The first run is cookiesowns's old M2 (on stock tune + FMIC + M Performance Exhaust) on CA 91 octane gas on a different dyno jet (for comparison purposes - I get that it's not apples to apples).

The second run is the run before we started hitting 570~ wheel torque with clutch slippage.

The final run is where we ended up calling it for the day after hitting 600+WHP for 5+ runs (Kept power targets the same, but was cleaning up fueling).

Next steps:

1) Finalize fuel control
2) Upgrade factory clutch
3) Clean up power/torque curves and push it further. Per my tuner, cookiesowns , car looks healthier than ever so we can push it further for science.

Also, I can't thank cookiesowns enough for the precision and diligence throughout this process and Commanderwiggin 's second set of eyes on the logs. The project is not over yet, but I think we're heading in the right direction.

PS: I think someone half-convinced me to build an N55 capable of redlining at 8K RPM. Unfortunately, the BorgWarner 7670 won't have enough in it to flow past 7K RPM so I'd have to go bigger turbo and incur more lag. 650WHP on the current set-up with a really fast spooling big turbo or an 800+WHP, 8K redlining monster. Decisions decisions.
Attached Images

Speedtech Stage 3 (8474) | Remus Exhaust | Wagner EVO 3 | XClutch | DS2 + Lift Kit | Nostrum S2 Injectors | TI E5LM | Torqbyte EKP | Intrax 1K2 | SPL | Drexler GT Race Light LSD by limitedslip.de | Schirmer Diff Lift Kit

Full E85 DI-Only 717WHP Flex Fuel tuned by BendCalibration (ECUTek) | Built by SD Garage

Last edited by -Eidos; 02-20-2021 at 08:39 PM..
Appreciate 6
ZM22810.50
detroitm22428.50
eeyang92318.50
tenkies147.00