10-19-2020, 03:19 PM   #16
SM2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Audi S6 | 2017 BMW M2 | 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spree View Post
Has anyone with ‘activated fullscreen carplay’ had any problems with servicing (if they try to update idrive)? Eg this post suggests that this can happen with 3rd party carplay activators...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambazonke View Post
Apps in motion cannot be coded out. I have spoken to someone in the know and they have told me there is a "control" file which is digitally encrypted by BMW AG on the hard drive of the NBT2 unit that cannot be edited by a third party to enable Apps in motion. This file I think also now contains your Apps FSC code as I have interrogated my head units in both my X3 and X5 using E Sys and can only see the Navigation and voice activation codes. I think this is the same file that BMW modifies remotely when you buy Carplay from the Connected Drive store.

However if you have an iphone, Spotify Calendar and the Connected drive App do work in motion if you have ID5 or 6. For some reason Spotify on an Android phone does not work work when in motion

Best option if you have ID5 or greater is to get Carplay otherwise source another unit from overseas at some cost!

Be very careful about sourcing Carplay from 3rd party sources. The latest NBT2 software update that dealers routinely do, checks for this and now rejects the non OEM FSC codes for Carplay plus all your other functions you had before like navigation voice control etc. (Your OEM FSC codes for navigation voice control are replaced by fake codes at the same time you get a fake Carplay code)
This software update also prevents *.bin files on USB drives from reloading the fake FSC codes. E Sys cannot remove these codes and replace them with the original OEM codes that come as a repair kit
Yes, I had to re upload after a service update.
Appreciate 0