10-07-2020, 03:35 AM   #23
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBrakeLate View Post
Just an update on this.

We've been talking to Ohlins about the issue with the vehicle dynamics. Did some measurements of the suspension, droop length, rear shock shaft measurements etc... It looks like unfortunately their instruction manual and the setup guide is quiet a bit off. The car doesn't have enough droop, preload is way off too.

As per the setup from the installation manual, the preload is set more than what it is supposed to be which could also be contributing to all of this.

I have a busy week this week, but we are going to make the changes Ohlins has recommended and report back.
Interested in what changes were suggested & how they go.

When I installed my Ohlins R&T I adjusted the shock length with the spring out so I could have max compression with the tyre not contacting wheel arch lining (at the time I had 285/35 PS4s), measuring from the bottom lip of 437M to top lip of guard was 545mm (car weight on Ohlins shock bump stop), full droop in this setting is 675mm. Looking at my notes I think the shock length was 510mm (where the instructions say 500), I'm just not 100% I recorded the shock length accurately

Just for interests sake the oem shock/bump stop allowed 15mm less compression travel, I was after more as on our bad country roads it wasn't uncommon to bottom out badly and the rebound was very unsettling.

I believe pre-load just determines ride height and I varied from the instructions as I didn't want the full 10mm drop from oem (& my rear springs at 160Nm), unfortunately I didn't write down my pre-load but I'm lowered around 6mm.
Appreciate 0