Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328Xi, Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k View Post
Are you sure its not a rock stuck in the calipers making a noise, i had similar issue in my old M3
I had both sounds on the M2 not M2C (knock on wood) the soda can crunch noise is very distinct.

Not sure about OP but the best way to describe my sound was...imagine a circle with a notch cut out of the interior...then imagine a rod keyed to fit the inner circle and notch...when you turn the rod the outer circle spins. In my case it sounded like the key had space around it and when I pulled out the rod rotated, slapped the inside of the notch making a clunk sound and then was quite. This mostly happened from a dead stop but also sometimes when I lifted and reapplied the gas. Hope that makes sense. Might be the diff locking/unlocking but sound was intermittent.

Some talked about a bad diff bracket bolt, which for some reason there is only one, see Real OEM. I could imagine a similar sound would happen, if that bracket is not tight to the body. I think it. is part #2 or #7 https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=33_1838
I like your complicated, but acurate analogy! Thats exactly what I envisioned. I am coming to the conclusion that its the plates in the dif smaking together when accepting torque loads
Appreciate 1
omasou2093.00