Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy's Dodge View Post
Trying to get back to the root cause of the issue here, can someone explain why there isn't consistent failure on the right and left side?

The predominant failure is on the right, though some have reported occasionally on the left. What could possibly be the difference between the two sides?

If it's a grounding issue, as some have suspected, aren't they both ground the same way?
The root cause was figured out in 2016. There is insufficient grounding for the bulbs. There is an active TSB for 2016 and 2017 vehicles for this. I am working with a dealership to get it approved for vehicles newer than that. My dealership covered it under warranty sans that. However, without warranty it costs a total of $76 to the owner for them to repair and replace both tail light parts, and the repair is warrantied itself. Many many people have had this repair done over the years and have not had a single issue since.

Do not disable your bulb checks. It's the equivalent to taking the batteries out of your smoke alarm. Stops the beeping but doesn't stop the fire.
You're so lost it's almost funny must mostly annoying and sad, you're attempting to pay the dealership for something they can't possible complete. But I guess they don't mind taking your money, since you seem to maybe more of that than brains..

If you actually had any common sense and cared to actually educate yourself before jumping to conclusions, you'll see that adding the additional grounding SIB for the pre-LCI taillight is not possible with your LCI LED taillights because it requires replacement of the back panel that holds all the incandescent light cluster.

The LED LCI taillights not have a removable back cluster, so it's impossible for them to compete this SIB.

You're on this crusade to prove me wrong, yet you have not a shred of evidence that what I concluded is any way harmful to the vehicle (because it's not). Yet, you keep going.

However, I guarantee that as long as the bulb check is active, the system will throw this error, regardless of what nonsense your choose to blindly throw money at.. Good luck with all that..

Here, I know you evidence and proof is your kryptonite, let me weaken you with this; pre-LCI taillight backing plate, obviously different from the LCI and grounding, rendering what you paid the dealership for impossible:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0