View Single Post
      08-29-2020, 06:50 PM   #87
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Poochie, let me quote you, because you continue to either gaslight me or forget every and any thing you ever say...

"A resistor might work in tricking the amperage flow but my in my experience, aftermarket resistor add-ons generates a lot of heat and might require some janky wire splicing."

You clearly say it might work. If you had absolutely any idea how a resistor works you would know that it would absolutely not work. Yet you claim "In my experience" as if you have a fucking clue what you're talking about.

The purpose of a resistor does not matter, it can be used for any purpose. It's like saying the purpose of a cup is for drinking milk. Umm, no. You can drink anything from it or you can put pencils in it or do anything else with it. The purpose it was made for is completely irrelevant.

There is zero potential hazard due to increased heat, due to adding a properly valued resistor. Yet you claim there is. If you are supplying current to a circuit, let's say 12w, the heat will always be 12w. A resistor does not bring more power to a circuit. Heat is a by product of current, and there is no additional current being applied to the circuit when you add a resistor. Heat and electricity are both forms of energy. Energy does not disappear, it can only be converted into other forms of energy. A properly valued resistor would contain the energy. Get that through your head and stop spreading misinformation.

If you are concerned of a fire hazard, DO NOT DISABLE THE BULB CHECKS.

And I gave my solution to everyone a while ago. Go to the dealership. Have them fix it. If you are out of warranty, pay the $76 for them to replace the part. This way you are not at risk of catching your car on fire. Whatever fix the dealership does, they are liable for. If people take your solution (a solution you have not done and tested yourself, and can never do, because you have a pre-lci M2 with lci taillights, making your experience completely irrelevant to others here) the people following your solution will be up shits creek without a paddle if/when something goes wrong.

On top of that. All your janky ass solutions are deterring people from going to the dealership to make BMW more aware and publish a TSB.

SO PLEASE JUST STOP IT!
Appreciate 0