Drives: '20 M2C / '08 550i / '23 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megator View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona_550 View Post
For reference, here is the condition of the left front:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
So I have no experience with RE-71s (hopefully other can chime in as well), but I'd say it depends on the track, how much runoff you have, and how far home is.

I say this because I have ran Potenza Pole Position a bit past this point, and I had to bail out of a session, as they lost big chunks of thread from the shoulder. Caused me to understate and drop 2 wheels off. No big deal as there was tons of runoff. Also I was able to drive them home. But that was too close for comfort.

I would guess you can still get away with one day, but you might be close to seeing cords.
Why not go to a tire shop and have em swap left to right and vice versa?

Im in a similar situation and a bit too lazy to go to a tire shop so I am going to run the tires in reverse. Since its not raining it shouldnt be much of an issue.

5.M0NSTER has a good point, how long is the session? what do u risk if you run them to the chords? etc
Yes, as mentioned in my OP, I will be switching the tires left to right, right to left (so the worn-out shoulder on the outside, will now be on the inside).

Barber will be 2-day weekend with 4 x 30min sessions each day. Car will go on a trailer (8-hrs each way. I'm not driving the car).

This is my first experience with tire wear on track, so trying to get a feel for how much degradation I can expect thru one more weekend.

I was hoping to get one more weekend and then replace the whole set but if this tire is borderline going to mess up my weekend, I rather replace it and only have to worry about my driving.

Thanks for any experience you can share.
Appreciate 1
5.M0NSTER3359.50