View Single Post
      08-07-2020, 09:17 PM   #34
Bass_Masterson
RIP E39
Rep
Drives: 95 T/A, 08 GL450, 20 M2C 6MT

I won't get into if the burbles actually do anything performance-wise. In my opinion (and I stress opinion) they are just for noise and don't do anything for performance. Mine (both stock and BM3 Stage 2 AGG with burbles set to maximum) would only burble below 5K-ish RPM, so it would have no anti-lag effects at high RPM WOT, which is where you'd want it (and yes, I had the burble RPM range set up to the redline).
Sick of the fake, obnoxious noise, I just disabled ASD outright. I cannot recommend that enough. Quieter inside the car, no fake burbles, it lets out a pop between shifts (6MT), and it also has a mild rumble on low RPM deceleration. Obviously anyone can mod / not mod their car how they want, but I think this is the perfect option for getting rid of a lot of the artificiality of the S55 exhaust note.

As to the OP's original question, I can't help. I removed my DME and had it bench unlocked and tuned with BM3. However, if there's a way to turn off ASD/burbles without the bench unlock, I wouldn't hesitate.
Appreciate 1