Rep
Drives: VW Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by m34m View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWF87Melb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by m34m View Post
My 2017 with N55 car has 20,00km . In the quietest modes comfort mode for the car with the exhaust track mode off (obviously) the car revs at 3000rpm in 6th gear (manual). It drones like crazy as described above. Unbearable to me. As a result I drive in 5th at 3800rpm. It sucks has obviously. The M2 is loud inside in general. Road noise, wind noise, minimal sound insulation, and abusive ride which adds to the overall discomfort. Add the exhaust and you have a really tough car to daily. That said when you want to drive the car as intended it's a blast. As for the exhaust despite everything I mentioned I absolutely love it and wouldn't trade it for anything. It just sounds so damn good and when in Sport or Sport+ plus track mode....few cars sound that great. Not just loud for the sake of loud which is annoying. Loud AND great. Cracks, pops burbles and the tone is amazing and changes with revs. I love this exhaust. But as I mentioned I have no illusions about it either.
Thanks for the write up! Good to have my expectations managed that the drone won't be going away even with time.

That's great you love the exhaust that much! After our local covid restrictions - I'll have to find some member rides with the mpe to get a better idea of how it drones.

Did you try getting rid of ASD to help out with the in-cabin noise?
Great question. It's probably something I should've considered but I'm very into OEM and no mods. My car has the MPE and OEM carbon fiber pieces. I've never been into tuning/coding or aftermarket mods. I find the cars that age best are those that are as close to original as possible.
Hear you on this one - I would have rather not tinkered with the ASD but the frequency of the noise (rather than volume) is just headache inducing for myself. Really hoping that the MPE doesn't have that same effect!
Appreciate 0