Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got f1? View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
No problem.. It's my privilege to be able share and bounce data off you guys, that's actually in the field..

And I traced back the lighting system's circuitry and concluded that it's kind of rudimentary in its construction & modus operandi.

Meaning, there is no specific sensor monitoring an outage of each light/LED, it's more so just the Body/Front Control module monitoring the direct flow current, which based on its set algorithm, it indirectly triggers an error (or not).

The only drawback of disabling the bulb check, is that system will no longer warn you, regardless if the lighting is working or not.

All you're doing is essentially going old-school and shutting off the check monitors, which is not a loss anyways, since by nature, LEDs obviously can't properly be monitored by BMW's archaic, direct current check and LEDs have a very long shelf-life; they'll probably outlast the vehicle, unlike incandescent bulb, which has a tendency to eventually burn out, essentially rending the bulb check system for LEDs, moot.
Thanks for that. I wonder why the presumed fix from dealer, at least from one member here, is a harness repair? I know someone else asked, but there must be some reason they are not just recoding. I am of course assuming, correctly I think, that BMW is aware of the issue because the issued a TSB/TIS.
There is no official fix for this issue, decoding the bulb checks is the only viable solution and it remaining active is the actual cause of this error.

The TSB currently available only applies to the pre-LCI, non-LED taillights (see below). You can plug in your VIN and see for yourself.

https://www.automd.com/tsb/bmw_m/

BMW AG is not going to download the Bimmercode APP, ApplePay $30 and then remove everyone's bulb check. For them to officially correct this particular issues, the changes would have implement into a full iLevel software revision, as they don't do individuals lines of coding changes, on an official franchise dealer-level.

So unless it's a federally-mandated recall, I sincerely doubt they're going invest the resources to developing a fix & then update the software of every owner's vehicle, just to address this non critical issue.

My guess is they'll just sweep it under the rug, until the models affected with this issue is eventually phased out of production. 🤫
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Got f1?684.50