AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Getting back to BMW's plan to discontinue DCT . . . this really pisses me off.

I enjoy DCT manual mode for the engagement and performance advantages.

On the other hand . . . I must admit, I have explored driving in automatic mode (Sport and Sport Plus), and they are really quite impressive.

I am assuming that ZF8 equates to driving in DCT automatic mode with Comfort, Sport and Sport Plus options? If that is the case, I am more willing to go the ZF8 route than back to a MT.

Now, before I start setting my mind to fact that the G87 M2/M2C will not have DCT, is there an official statement from BMW that is definitive?

Artemis, your reference does suggest DCT is on its way out, but it does not state definitively whether this will be the case with the G87.

///AVM
AVM I believe the DCT is getting phased out unfortunately.

Even the new M8 and G8X M3/4 comes with the ZF. Makes little sense for them just to offer a DCT for the G87 M2 and not the older siblings
Appreciate 1
///AVM2531.00