JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
For example, prior to me settling on the M2C, I also considered a ND Miata, Porsche 911T, Macan GTS/Turbo and MB GLC AMG 63. Therefore, the Jaguar is a mighty choice and even though I personally have not driven a F-Pace, I respect it and from a design perspective, it does look quite nice.

Now, we get you're not a fan of Porsche and apparently resort to name calling to substantiate your argument. That is your prerogative, no matter how irrational and childish you may sound.
I am simply more irritated at the constant Strawman argument in EVERY CS thread.

They may as well have just named it the Porsche Strawman.

Re the douche comment. Maybe it's a cultural thing but Porsche has that reputation down here. Maybe different in the US?
That's fair enough, I hear you.

But let's level set a bit here since I think we're on the same page. I have made it clear previously, I love the M2CS. And for the cost, it is a wonderful machine. My only comment on Porsche has been about other possibilities at exactly $84K. I wholeheartedly agree that you can not compare a 718 GTS to a CS spec for spec because of obvious cost delta.

Now don't be confused that even though I brought up a used 718 GTS, it mitigates my love for the CS. The specialness of the CS and LE nature alone is worthy of its choice.

In a parallel comparison, there are many enthusiasts who would gladly pay more for a E30 M3 or a M3 CSL. On paper and from a non-enthusiasts, that cannot possibly make sense vs. buying a brand new whatever. But enthusiasts righty do this because of how "special" it is. And again, on paper any or most modern performance cars will wipe the floor with these two BMW classics. But that is not the point...

I hope this clears the air for you and I indeed I'm not here to bring down the CS in anyway. If I didn't have other priorities or limitations, my deposit for the CS would still be sitting pretty at my dealer.

Regarding your cultural douche comment. Ok, i guess it may be different in the US. In fact, BMW drivers are considered "douches". But that's a whole separate conversation.