06-23-2020, 11:56 AM   #2209
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
I think at some point we have to realize that with sub 300 width tires, and over 400 hp to just the rear tires, the right foot WILL dominate the cornering behavior of the rear end on any car that has the electronics shut off. Full stop.

The shorter the wheelbase, the faster things happen as well. Those two things are pretty immutable. Now, how sensitive the throttle is, how the power is delivered etc, will determine how controllable that rear end will be, but it doesn't change that the rear is going to be a slave to the throttle.
I had a 93 miata that was pushing right at 300hp to the rear wheels. No nannies and brilliantly fun to throttle steer. 2400lbs with 195 size re11 tires. I will say the communication through the seat and steering wheel seemed telepathic so the car was always predictable. The point is that the CS or a modded C shouldn't be too much of a handful of you take your time to learn the car. I would start with nannies off at a slower pace to learn the car. Then there will be fewer surprises later.

Last edited by medphysdave; 06-23-2020 at 03:49 PM..
Appreciate 0