View Single Post
      06-17-2020, 07:48 PM   #246
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
Don't do that, at least not for the track.

But I guess by human nature you will have to find out for yourself eventually.

One of my local M2 OG friends is on FBO + full CSF cooling kit + B58tu pump + PS2, pretty similar to your build except for a STG2 turbo, and is tuned by the same tuner (as yours). Feel good and normal on street. And there're quite a few prettier logs (than yours) he shared with me, which is TBH amazing and even eye opening.

To be specific, just a few weeks ago, he's doing 20psi (not even load capped) on octane addictive on track, the ambient is not hot (25C or 77F), but the car cannot even make 2 laps at Nanjing F3 track. The coolant/oil temp rocketed up and the corresponding codes threw. Had to pull over. He didn't survive 4 mins.

The takeaway message - those high boost street map isn't made for track. There is no one anywhere in the world in the N55 history that did 20psi at track, or he/she isn't really tracking, whatever supporting mods is on the car. The cooling for oil and coolant will become a bigger issue than for the intake air. Meth, ethanol, even water sprayed IC, anything that adds octane and cools IA, will not help...

From the experience of mine and another local N55 friend, 18+ is about the maximum. Every extra PSI seems to put additional huge pressure to the cooling system - again IAT is just part of issue and is much easier to deal with than cylinder temp.

There're bigger concerns than temp management but that would be a little controversial and up for debate...
Good to hear from you SeanWRT

Hah, yeah that’s definitely in the back of my head.

So far, I’m happiest with the 18.7psi, 11deg timing map. It pulled really strong and was super smooth: https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5ee7...0b431db2fb3a94

I’d be content sticking with 18.7psi and trying a little more timing to see how it goes, but I need to run thru the process with Cary.

Of note, OTS Stg 2 E30 is 16.5psi & 13deg. Halim said he’d send over a Stg 2+ E30 map when he gets a minute, so we’ll see how that compares.

Inevitably I’ll find something that works great on the street and will have to dial back for the track.
Appreciate 1
SeanWRT3179.00