06-01-2020, 07:06 PM   #1990
chrisfortier
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Chris
I understand that premise for more abundantly available model releases. . . I am working under the premise that the M2CS is a 'limited edition' and potential owners are 'lined up' to purchase.
Under such premise, why would a dealership give up their one allocation and sale to trade for another model?
The problem with my thinking is I do not actually know the extent of consumer interest in the M2CS? Given my local dealership has no expressed interest, stands to reason it could be true at many other dealerships across the country?
Still, 482 U.S. builds is a relatively small number, so I am going to continue to assume the lack of interest in my local community represents an anomaly. . . until informed otherwise.
Once again, I have zero to gain, other than satisfaction that comes with possibly helping out another forum member who desires an M2CS.
///AVM
I see your point, but for the dealer, they aren't satisfying their demand - if someone else wants something they don't have they're going to reach out to the dealer to get rid of the M2CS allocation (I doubt you'll have people lining up at $83600+). Saying that, I can imagine trading two mundane allocations for the one M2CS as it is 'limited'.
Appreciate 0