Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgs4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
They cannot legally charge you a surcharge for using a credit card. Especially not in California.
Discounts for cash are allowed, however.
As long as you phrase that way, and make it a common practice. Good luck arguing that in court however if the CA AG wants to come after you. And if the CC card finds out, you can say bye to being able to process credit card charges directly due to violating the payment card rules.

But this is another conversation for another time. Just wanted to say generally, that surcharges are illegal, and consumers should always push back then decide for themselves whether or not to proceed with the transaction. Either way, a $500 difference (discount) is absolutely a shady practice. $5-10 maybe. But that much of a difference would make me walk away and never do business with that shop. That's just me though, so if OP wants to proceed no harm no foul, I know the shop he is talking about at least does good work.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0